Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Too Close to Call

Well, tonight was American Idol. Most of you know that I am a fanatic when it comes to American Idol. Almost as big a fanatic as I am about 24! But that's another story for another time. We became even bigger fanatics after Ashley and I were able to go to a live taping last season. For those who don't know, last May we got to fly to L.A. at the spur of the moment to watch the live taping of the final 5. Ashley even had some professors who let her reschedule a couple of finals so that she could go! It was fast and furious and the most exciting thing we've ever done!! After a very long day of waiting outside for 6 hours just to see IF we would even get in, and thinking up until the last moment that we didn't, we ended up on the front row right by the aisle where Simon, Paula and Randy walk in. We got to shake all of there hands and Ashley even got a kiss from Simon! It was an awesome day!! In case you missed all the hoopla last year, I'm attaching a link here where Ashley has the pictures we took. American Idol Pictures Link )

Back to tonight's AI. This year's talent seems to me to be overall much better than in the past. Last year Carrie and Bo were real standouts. This year it is anyone's game. And tonight was Elvis night! In my book Elvis is still the King. I thought they all did well over all. I wasn't fond of Elliott's first song, but the second song was great. I thought poor Katharine got a raw deal on her comments. I thought she did quite well on both songs. Chris was great! But I think Taylor stole the show. He has always reminded me of Elvis and tonight he was awesome! Taylor and Chris sang two of my favorite Elvis songs, "In the Ghetto and "A Little Less Conversation".

I'm not sure whose going home tomorrow night, (probably tonight by the time I get this done. I'm using a laptop and it stinks! The retarded cursor keeps jumping all over the page!!) but I think Chris and Taylor are going to the finals!

In the words of my daughter, they rock my sox off! I can't wait for the finale!

Have a great one! And as for me.... Go Taylor!!

No comments: