Friday, October 27, 2006

End of the week updates...

Things have been so busy lately I haven't had time to sit down and think about Thursday Thirteen's. So here is just a short update on some of what's been going on.

First of all, last night was my first "official" night of playing bunco with a group of ladies from Highland Oaks. I had never played before until a couple of months ago when they asked me to fill in for someone who couldn't be there. A couple of people had to drop out so now I'm officially a monthly bunco player. My kids think I'm now in an old lady group!! But it's really not! It is soooo much fun! And it's mindless which is kind of nice... it's hard to think after a long day with 4 years olds! More than playing, it's a great time of fellowship. We eat together first (of course! that's what us C of C er's do :) Then after we visit, we play with whatever time is left. Then we visit some more. It's just great! And I love getting to know these women. They are sooo much fun!

Chris has been gone all week in L.A. on business. I had to go to his office a couple of times and run some jobs for him with him on the phone telling me what to do. I am picking him up at the airport this afternoon... Yeah!!! A week seems like forever. I'll be glad when he's home.

Ashley went to New Orleans last weekend on a fall break campaign with Southern Hills. They completely gutted two houses that hadn't been touched since Hurricane Katrina. She had a great time and got to meet some new friends. They drive through the outer edge of Mesquite coming and going. They stopped about every 3 hours during the drive. We haven't seen her in about a month and coming back they were stopping somewhere in the metroplex for a break. Her driver was nice enough to stop in Mesquite off of I-20 for their break since we were here. It was great to see her. She of course asked if we could bring her a Starbuck's drink, which we did. And she gave us an Aunt Sally's Praline from New Orleans she had brought for us. At least a part of one. She had already eaten some of it. They are hard to resist!

She met a new friend named Whitney while on campaign. Whitney is Ashley's age and has a pacemaker. She started having trouble this past week and had to go home to the doctor in San Antonio yesterday to determine if she would need some type of surgery or not. She sees the doctor today and possibly could have surgery either Monday or Tuesday. Please be in prayer for her.

Ashley is still working at the Abilene Reporter Newspaper and she also doing some substitute teaching. That's hard to believe!! She did kindergarten a couple of weeks ago. Today she is subbing in a middle school math class! We'll see how that goes! Ashley stopped growing in height at about 5 ft. Maybe 5' 1"... so the some of the kids may be taller than she is. I'm anxious to hear from her this afternoon!

Jeremy is working fast and furious on Beauty and the Beast. They have rehearsal every day after school until around 6:00 or 6:30. That will soon become some Saturday's and after school every day until around 10:00 or 10:30. He keeps drugged up on vitamin C so hopefully he can stay healthy and not get run down. He is having a blast though!! You never hear him complain. He wouldn't have it any other way! Thanks so much for all the encouraging words everyone sent. I got emails or blog notes from over 30 people. I printed each one on different colors of paper and hung them all over the closet doors in his room. He couldn't believe all of the notes. You made him feel very special and loved. Thank you!!

We are working at the annual Highland Oaks Fall Carnival this Sunday afternoon. It's from 2:30 to 6:00. It's our first time to be there during the carnival and it seems to be a really big deal. KLTY broadcast their show live from the carnival. They have tons of food, rides, etc. Last year 8,000 people attended. This year they are expecting around 10,000! If you're in the area, stop by and say hello. We'll be there all day somewhere.

Lastly, I thought I'd post of couple of current pictures of Ashley and Jeremy. You might not recognize them if you saw them on the street. Especially Jeremy, he has matured so much over the last couple of years.

Anyway, I pray that everyone has blessed and wonderful weekend!

Love ya!

4 comments:

Danna said...

I'm so glad Chris is home. I know how it feels to be home alone. I am so excited for Jeremy I know he will do an excellent job in the play. Can't wait to see it. I can not believe that Ashley is subbing. She is to young to be doing that. When I told Shannon he said "that's scary". I know she is a wonderful teacher and I hope she likes it. Good to hear from you, talk to you later.

Danna said...

Liz,

I experienced the home alone syndrome recently and there is not a worse beating than being in your home alone! It really is scary that Ashley is a sub. I know she will do well. Tell everyone hello and we love you guys! See you soon.

Liz Moore said...

I know... it is kind of scary for her to be subbing. She still seems like my little girl. But she did turn 20 this past summer! :0 I talked to her last night and she said it went well. She was actually excited. She said "It was an Algebra class and I actually knew what they were doing! So they would ask me questions and I could say, you do this and this and this...!!" She is sooooo funny! Miss you guys too!

Melanie said...

Liz,
We went to the Fall Festival there two years ago! The candy line was the most incredible thing I've ever seen! We had a blast, but I'm a paranoid mom and was petrified for the kids to not be held in my arms with that many people!