Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A New Psalm

About 15 years ago while we were at the Mesquite church, God sent 2 incredible people into my life. I learned a lot over the years from Rick & Beverly, but one specific thing that has always stayed with me is the first series of lessons I ever remember Beverly doing. They were on the book "The Blessing" by Trent and Smalley. Those lessons and that book have been some of the greatest blessings in my life.

Through that study I learned what it meant give your children the blessing and pray blessings over them. If you have never read that book, I encourage you to do so. It will change your life, but more importantly it can change the lives of your children through the blessings you learn to pray over them.

Among many other blessings, I have always told Jeremy what a heart for the Lord I see in him. And that the Lord is going to use him in incredible and amazing ways in His kingdom. It has been amazing over the last few months to watch the way the Lord is using Jeremy among the youth at Highland Oaks. It has caused him to really show his love for the Lord even more. I Praise God for that. He went to Encounter at LCU a coupe of weeks ago and he said that it was amazing. I know it was because he has started something incredible that can only come from the Lord.

It fills my heart with such joy and love for the Lord when I see God bringing those blessings I have prayed over my children into realization. Jeremy is gone this week and next week to another camp, Camp Wyldewood in Searcy. They have an amazing camp there as well. Before he left, I asked him if I could share what the Lord has put on his heart. He said that I could.

One of the other things I have always prayed for over my children is that God will do whatever it takes in them to draw them continually into a more intimate relationship with Him. As a mom, that is sometimes a hard prayer to pray. Because you don't know where it is leading. But it is so amazing when you can see the blessings you have asked for children come into fruition. When Jeremy got back from Encounter, he decided he was going to try and start writing his own Psalms. The following is the first one he wrote...

"Hear my cry oh, Lord. I cry out to the heavens when I feel the war inside of me. Your consuming fire takes hold of my body and burns away all my impurities, it cleanses me fully. I thank you, my God, for cleansing me. Showing me my wrongs and allowing me to bring them to you, for you to take them. My heart cries out for the ones who are suffering. It pains me like a needle to my nail. Lord take us now! So the new born ones wont have time to fall and we wont disappoint you anymore. Hear my cry, oh Lord. Hear my cry...."

"by the power of Christ in me..." -- Jeremy Moore

Wow! God is so amazing when we let Him work through and in our lives. I praise God for the gift and the heart he has given Jeremy. My prayer is that God will continue to use Jeremy even more and that He will continue to fill him with His Spirit.

To God be All the Glory and Praise!!

1 comment:

Bev Ross said...

I love the new Psalm. Please ask Jeremy if I can use it?