Friday, September 22, 2006

Thirteen Things I Love About Being a Child of the King and My Relationship With Him


I am so blessed to be a child of the King and I have really been trying to focus more on my relationship with God lately. Not that it's not good already, but I am far from perfect and I am changing and growing every day. I know there is always more He wants to bless me with if I will just let Him (or let Him in). I'm trying to be more focused and not miss out on the treasures He has in store for me.

1. I love the fact that He is my heavenly father and is always with me! Especially since my earthly father has already gone to be with Him.
2. I love the relationship I have with Him that grows closer and closer with each passing day!
3. I love that He doesn't judge me no matter how much I judge myself. And that He covers over every mistake that I make with His grace and compassion!
4. I love that even when everything around me seems to be crazy and fleeting, He is the constant in my life!
5. I love the way His word is new every time I read it; that something you've read a thousand times can suddenly be revealed to you in a new way!
6. I love the way that He sends people into your life at just the time you need them to be Jesus with skin on!
7. I love the way He holds our family together in a way that we or no one else can and the closeness we share because of Him!
8. I love the way that when you are connected with friends through Christ, you have a special bond that cannot be broken. Even if you are a million miles away from each other!
9. I love the way I can talk to Him about anything and still feel safe!
10. I love that even through death, my family will never be separated because of our relationship with God!
11. I love that someday distance will not matter between family and friends who are connected through Christ. We will all be praising and worshipping Him together forever!
12. I love that He hears our prayers and answers them in ways we could not even imagine!
13. I love that I will spend eternity with the Father worshipping and glorifying Him and the joy that can only be found through relationship with Him!

I could continue to go on and on! There are so many things to say that I could never list them all! I am a truly blessed child of the King and I would not want to be anything else. I am so grateful that no matter what else happens in our lives, we will always be connected as sons and daughters of the King!

4 comments:

Bev Ross said...

GREAT thoughts! Thanks for the sweet reminders! Our friendship is one those cemented by the Holy Spirit!

Liz Moore said...

Beverly,
I am so thankful for our friendship!

Melanie said...

When we were traveling through Texas this week we saw a woman on a motorcycle with a jacket that said " Mad Motorcycle Mama" and Richard and I both thought of you! We need to think of a name for you!

Liz Moore said...

Melanie,
That is too funny!! Just don't name me anything too rough, I don't plan on donning any big chains or anything :)